Thank you for your interest in serving as a Substitute in Richardson ISD. Individuals interested in substituting may apply throughout the year.
Richardson ISD strives to hire the most qualified applicants. Applicants with a valid teaching certificate will be considered first for substitute teaching positions. However, applicants with a Bachelor’s degree or higher may apply and will also be considered for substitute teaching positions.
Substitute applicants who wish to be considered for rehire, must submit an application through the online application system. The following items must be on file in order for a substitute application to be considered:
- Valid Teaching certificate (from any state or alternative certification program)
- Proof of education (College transcript)
- Three references, including at least one from a current or recent employer)
- High school diploma or the equivalent/GED
- Three references, including at least one from a current or recent employer
Daily Pay Rates for Professional Positions
- $100 – Certified Teacher (valid certification from any state or valid alternative certification program)
- $90 – Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- $145 – Dyslexia Teacher
- $110 – Special Education classroom (i.e. PPCD, PPCD-K, Behavior, and Developmental/Behavior)
- $125 – Long Term Assignment (starting on the 29th consecutive day of an assignment); applicable to certified teachers only
- $225 – Counselor
- $250 – Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
Daily Pay Rates for Paraprofessional Positions (Clerical and Classroom Aide/Assistant)
- $75 – High school diploma or higher
- $85 – Special Education classroom (i.e. PPCD, PPCD-K, Behavior, and Developmental/Behavior)
For questions or assistance with the online application process, please contact Juan Mendez at 469-593-0013, 8:00a.m.-4:30p.m., Monday – Thursday, or 8:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Friday
Questions regarding the above substitute requirements, please contact Gloria Ince in the Substitute Office at 469-593-0270, 8a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday -Thursday or Friday 8:00a.m.-4:00 p.m.