RISD is providing this information to educate, encourage and engage with our school community about the upcoming Census and to encourage your participation. The deadline for responding has been extended to October 31.
How to Respond
It has never been easier to respond online, by phone or mail. These are preferred methods that are already in place. With the COVID-19 still amongst us, we need to take advantage of responding to the Census to support our communities. It should take less than 10 minutes of your time. By responding to the 2020 Census now, you will have done your part to ensure your community gets its fair share of federal funding and representation in Congress.
Census 2020 Quick Links
Every 10 years the United States Census Bureau carries out a mandated count of the nation’s residents. This determines the amount of federal dollars dispersed to every state for health care, education, housing, transportation and more!
Your Voice Counts
Texas receives billions each year to support housing, transportation, and other services. If Texans are under counted, the state may have to eliminate services altogether.
- Special education, Head Start, after-school programs, and classroom technology
- Food assistance, including free and reduced-price school lunches
- Maternal and child health programs
- The citizenship question is NOT on the 2020 Census
- An under count could cost Texas the representation and resources we deserve.
- April 1, 2020, is Census Day
- The Census is happening NOW – fill out the form online, by mail or phone
Dallas County Response Rates
- Internet 21.01%
- Paper 2.43%
- Phone 1.92%
- County Self Response Rate 1.10%
- Projected Self Response Rate: 7.96%
- State Response Rat 17.5%
Phone Number List
- English 844-330-2020
- Spanish 844-468-2020
- Chinese (Mandarin) 844-391-2020
- Chinese (Cantonese) 844-398-2020
- Vietnamese 844-461-2020
- Korean 844-392-2020
- Russian 844-417-2020
- Arabic 844-416-2020
- Tagalog 844-478-2020
- Polish 844-479-2020
- French 844-494-2020
- Haitian Creole 844-477-2020
- Portuguese 844-474-2020
- Japanese 844-460-2020
- English (Puerto Rico residents) 844-418-2020
- Spanish (Puerto Rico residents) 844-426-2020
- Telephone Display Device (TDD) 844-467-2020
Why We Do a Census?
Article 1, Section 2 of the US Constitution – The actual enumeration shall be made within three years after the first meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent term of ten years, in such manner as they shall be law direct.
Uses of Census data:
- Apportion representation among states
- Draw congressional and state legislative districts, school districts and voting precincts
- Enforce voting right and civil rights legislation
- Distribute federal dollars to states
- Inform planning decisions of federal, tribal, state and local government
- Inform organizational decisions of businesses and non-profits
2020 Census vs 2010 Census:
In 2020, the Census Bureau will introduce new technology to make it easier than ever for individuals to respond to the census.
For the 1st time, you will be able to respond online, by phone, or by mail.
Important links for additional information and resources: