Enroll for the Current 2019-2020 School Year
- All enrollment must be completed through the online process. Enrollment via paper forms is not an option.
Important Information About Online Enrollment for New Students
- To qualify for this enrollment process, a student must be either new to RISD, or a formerly-enrolled RISD student who is not currently attending RISD.
- Online enrollment for 2019-2020 will be available for qualifying students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12.
- A “Snapcode” is not required for new student online enrollment.
- One application per student. Please do not submit multiple applications for the same student at multiple campuses.
- All students should register at their attendance area school. Families should contact their attendance area school for questions or directions concerning the online enrollment process.
- Schools have the right to move a student to the correct campus if the wrong school is selected during the online enrollment process.
A parent or guardian should provide the following documents when enrolling a new student in RISD
- Child’s proof of identity, which must be one of the following: Certified Birth Certificate, Hospital Birth Record, Passport, Resident Alien Card, Adoption Record, School ID Card, School Records, School Report Card, or any other legal document that establishes identity.
- Social Security Card. This is optional. RISD uses a student’s Social Security Number for submissions under the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS). If a parent chooses not to provide a social security number, RISD will assign a state-approved identifier.
- Child’s complete immunization records: Date, month, and year of every immunization received.
- Proof of residency:
- House or Condo: Current Electric, Water or Gas Bill, which must contain the parent’s name and parent’s address.
- Apartment: Current apartment lease, which must contain the parent’s name and the parent’s address.
- Parent/Guardian’s ID: Driver’s License, State-Issued ID or Passport.
- Proof of withdrawal form from child’s former school (Only if withdrawal occurred during the current school year.)
- Child’s last report card
You may contact your school for questions related to the required documents for enrollment.
Enrollment is not complete or finalized until all the required documents, such as proof of residency, proof of identity, etc. have been submitted and approved by the school. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about submitting pending documents.
Visit the Enrollment and Registration page for complete information about enrollment and registration.
- Enrollment Support for current RISD families: Contact your school for general questions about enrollment.
- Technical Assistance: Is provided by PowerSchool: Call toll-free: 866-752-6850
- Staff and families can visit the PowerSchool community help website for helpful articles or click Contact Support from any PowerSchool page to report a technical problem.
- Online enrollment general questions: Email: email@example.com or call 469-593-0718.
- Student Services: Can assist families with any special enrollment needs at 469-593-0374.