Enroll for the 2018-2019 School Year
Online enrollment for students new to RISD for the 2018-2019 school year is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back soon.
- Online Enrollment for the 2018-2019 School Year will be available through May 17, 2019
- Online enrollment of new students for the 2019-2020 school year began on February 28
If you are not sure which school your student is zoned to attend, please use RISD’s School Locator System to determine the schools associated with your home address before starting an application.
Important Information About Online Enrollment for New Students
- To qualify for this enrollment process, a student must be either new to RISD, or a formerly-enrolled RISD student who is not currently attending RISD.
- Online enrollment is available for qualifying students in grades Pre-K through 12.
- Online enrollment for 2019-2020 will be available for qualifying students in grades Kindergarten through 12.
- A “snapcode” is not required for new student online enrollment.
- One application per student.
- All students should register at their attendance area school. Families should contact their attendance area school for questions or directions concerning the online enrollment process.
- Schools have the right to move a student to the correct campus if the wrong school is selected during the online enrollment process.
A parent or guardian should provide the following documents when enrolling a new student in RISD
- Child’s proof of identity, which must be one of the following: Certified Birth Certificate, Hospital Birth Record, Passport, Resident Alien Card, Adoption Record, School ID Card, School Records, School Report Card, or any other legal document that establishes identity.
- Social Security Card. This is optional. RISD uses a student’s Social Security Number for submissions under the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS). If a parent chooses not to provide a social security number, RISD will assign a state-approved identifier.
- Child’s complete immunization records: Date, month, and year of every immunization received.
- Proof of residency:
- House or Condo: Current Electric, Water or Gas Bill, which must contain the parent’s name and parent’s address.
- Apartment: Current apartment lease, which must contain the parent’s name and the parent’s address.
- Parent/Guardian’s ID: Driver’s License, State-Issued ID or Passport.
- Proof of withdrawal form from child’s former school (Only if withdrawal occurred during the current school year.)
- Child’s last report card
If required documents are not submitted during the online enrollment process, the documents can be taken to the campus in person. Enrollment is not considered finalized until all required documents, such as proof of residency, have been submitted and reviewed by the school.
Visit RISD’s Enrollment and Registration page for complete information about enrollment and registration.
- Enrollment Support for current RISD families: Contact your school for general questions about enrollment.
- Technical Assistance: Is provided by PowerSchool: Call toll-free: 866-752-6850
- Staff and families can visit the PowerSchool community help website for helpful articles or click Contact Support from any PowerSchool page to report a technical problem.
- Online enrollment general questions: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-593-0718.
- Student Services: Can assist families with any special enrollment needs at 469-593-0374.