Enroll for the Upcoming 2020-2021 School Year
- All enrollment must be completed through the online process. Enrollment via paper forms is not an option.
Important Information About Online Enrollment for New Students
- To qualify for this enrollment process, a student must be either new to RISD, or a formerly-enrolled RISD student who is not currently attending RISD.
- Online enrollment is available for qualifying students in grades EE and Pre-K through 12.
- A “Snapcode” is not required for new student online enrollment.
- One application per student.
- Please do not fill out two or more applications at the same time. Doing that will cause issues with the submission. Please complete and submit one application at at time.
- All students should register at their attendance area school. Families should contact their attendance area school for questions or directions concerning the online enrollment process.
A parent or guardian should provide the following documents when enrolling a new student in RISD
- Child’s proof of identity, which must be one of the following: Certified Birth Certificate, Hospital Birth Record, Passport, Resident Alien Card, Adoption Record, School ID Card, School Records, School Report Card, or any other legal document that establishes identity.
- Social Security Card. This is optional. RISD uses a student’s Social Security Number for submissions under the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS). If a parent chooses not to provide a Social Security number, RISD will assign a state-approved identifier.
- Child’s complete immunization records: Date, month, and year of every immunization received.
- Proof of residency:
- House or Condo: Current Electric, Water or Gas Bill, which must contain the parent’s name and parent’s address.
- Apartment: Current apartment lease, which must contain the parent’s name and the parent’s address.
- Telephone, Internet and Cable TV bills are not accepted as a valid proof of residency.
- Parent/Guardian’s ID: Driver’s License, State-Issued ID or Passport.
- Proof of withdrawal form from child’s former school (Only if the withdrawal occurred during the current school year.)
- Child’s last report card
Please contact your school for questions related to the required documents for enrollment.
If you are not sure which school your student is zoned to attend, please use RISD’s School Locator System to determine the schools associated with your home address before starting an enrollment application.
Enrollment is not complete or finalized until all the required documents, such as proof of residency, proof of identity, etc. have been submitted and approved by the school. Email email@example.com for more information about submitting pending documents.
Visit the Enrollment and Registration page for complete information about enrollment and registration.
- Enrollment Support for current RISD families: Contact your school for general questions about enrollment.
- Technical Assistance is provided by PowerSchool: Call toll-free: 866-752-6850
- Staff and families can visit the PowerSchool Community help website for helpful articles or click Contact Support from any PowerSchool page to report a technical problem.
- Online Chat Support is available to families through the PowerSchool Community at help.powerschool.com.
- In the community portal, click Contact Support in the top menu bar, then select Parents/Students. Then scroll down to Enrollment (Registration Family Support) and click Contact Support.
- Click here for more information about Chat Support.
- Online enrollment general questions: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-593-0718.
- Student Services can assist families with any special enrollment needs at 469-593-0374.