Enroll for the Upcoming 2019-2020 School Year
- Online enrollment for the 2019-2020 School Year for students returning to RISD began February 28.
- All enrollment for 2019-2020 must be completed through the online process. Enrollment via paper forms is not an option.
- Parents should contact their school for assistance or to use a school computer or mobile device to enroll, if needed.
Important information about online enrollment for returning students
- Available for returning RISD students, currently enrolled in grades EE-11th, including Magnet Schools.
- One application per student.
- A “snapcode” is required for returning student online enrollment.
- All returning students need to provide a proof of residency. The following documents may be used for a student’s proof of residency in the district:
- House or condo: Current electric, water, or gas bill, which must contain the parent’s name and address.
- Apartment: Current apartment lease, which must contain the parent’s name and address.
- The proof of residency can be uploaded during the online enrollment process or taken to the school in person after submitting an application.
- Secondary schools require a current proof of residency when you pick up your schedule in August, even though you provide proof of residency during the online enrollment process.
PowerSchool/InfoSnap is a secure online enrollment system for returning students. Currently-enrolled RISD families will receive a letter and/or email from their child’s school during the week of February 19-22, 2019 containing detailed instructions for accessing the PowerSchool/InfoSnap system for their students.
- The letter and/or email will contain instructions and a secure “snapcode” that links directly to each student’s information.
- A “snapcode” is a unique enrollment code assigned to each student each year; therefore, the snapcode serves as a key for parents to access their child’s online enrollment form each year
- Snapcodes are different for students each year.
- Parents with multiple student in RISD will receive a separate snapcode for each currently-enrolled student.
- Letters will be sent home in weekly folders at elementary and mailed to parents of secondary students during the week of February 19-22, 2019. Parents who have provided RISD with an email address will also receive an email notification with a unique snapcode.
- Once a unique snapcode is entered and associated with an account, the snapcode does not need to be entered again.
- Families will not be able to begin the online enrollment process until they have received a snapcode for their students.
- If a family does not get a snapcode, a parent/guardian can contact their school to request it, which may require a visit to the school to verify identity.
If required documents are not submitted during the online enrollment process, the documents can be taken to the campus in person. Enrollment is not considered finalized until all required documents, such as proof of residency, have been submitted and reviewed by the school.
Visit RISD’s Enrollment and Registration page for complete information about enrollment and registration.
- Enrollment Support for current RISD families: Contact your school for general questions about enrollment.
- Technical Assistance: Is provided by PowerSchool: Call toll-free: 866-752-6850
- Staff and families can visit the PowerSchool community help website for helpful articles or click Contact Support from any PowerSchool page to report a technical problem.
- Online enrollment general questions: Email: email@example.com or call 469-593-0718.
- Student Services: Can assist families with any special enrollment needs at 469-593-0374.