How do you impact the future? How can you shape the direction of your community? How do you guide decisions? All three questions can be answered with one word: VOTE.
Voting is one of the most important rights maintained as American citizens. It is an opportunity that past and present generations have fought to preserve. Exercising that privilege is a guaranteed way to ensure your voice is heard in governmental matters. But you have to be a registered voter to participate in the process.
Important in-person voting information
Forms of approved photo ID are:
- Texas driver license issued by the Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas election identification certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- U.S. military photo ID card
- U.S. citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- Valid U.S. passport
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the valid photo ID must be current or have expired no more than four years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
- September 20, 2022: National Voter Registration Day
- October 11, 2022: Last Day to register to vote in the November General Election.
- October 24, 2022: First day to Early vote in November General Election.
- November 4, 2022: Last day to Early vote in November General Election.
- November 8, 2022: Election Day