Click here to watch the September 10 superintendent’s update. Dr. Stone talks about the second first day of school and the RISD COVID-19 Notification Portal. Other highlights include:
- Junior high schools are finalizing preparations for the return of students on Monday for those families who made the choice to return for face to face instruction.
- About 53% of RISD students are returning to campus this month with 47% remaining virtual through the first nine weeks, which ends Oct. 16.
- The next window to change a student’s learning environment to in-person from virtual or vice versa is Sept. 29 to Oct. 2. Information about that process will be sent by each school.
- Parents of in-person students are urged to comply with guidelines and requests related to drop off, pick up, wearing masks, limiting in-person school visitations, and modeling responsible behavior for students. Parents must assess their child for illness every day and not send students with any symptoms to school.
- All parents are encouraged to complete a brief online student health screener each school day.
- RISD has developed a COVID-19 Notification Portal to notify parents and employees of lab-confirmed positive cases of the virus.
Dr. Stone has provided weekly updates throughout the pandemic. Previous messages can be found here.