Click here to watch the superintendent’s update. Dr. Stone talks about the third first day of school and the RISD COVID-19 Notification Portal. Other highlights include:
- High schools are finalizing preparations for the return of students on Monday for those families who made the choice to return for face to face instruction.
- The universal mask requirement is for everyone. Social distancing is for everyone.
- Whether our schools are able to stay open for face to face instruction depends directly on whether people not only follow health and distancing protocols while in school but also that students and adults make those same good choices when outside of school.
- RISD is going to be consistent and relentless with risk mitigation protocols.
- If a positive case is confirmed among a student or staff member, the Health Services team, which is on call seven days a week, will work with schools and families to conduct contact tracing.
- Extracurricular activities are returning. Coaches and adults will wear masks at all times. The only time players will have a mask off is when they are actively playing in a game.
- All adults and spectators who attend an athletic event are required to wear a mask.
- All parents or secondary students are encouraged to complete a brief online student health screener each school day.
Dr. Stone has provided weekly updates throughout the pandemic. Previous messages can be found here.