Click here to watch Dr. Stone’s September 3 update. Highlights include:
- Dallas County has moved the county pandemic threat level from red to orange. School recommendations associated with level orange include a return to in-person instruction for elementary students and students with special needs.
- RISD elementary schools are finalizing preparations for the return of students in-person on Tuesday, September 8 for those families that made that choice.
- Click here to watch what some of the health and distancing protocols will look like when elementary students begin face to face. En español.
- Elementary parents of face to face students are urged to comply with guidelines and requests related to drop off, pick up, wearing masks, limiting in-person school visitations, and modeling responsible behavior for students.
- Parents of in-person students must assess their child for illness every day, and not send students to school with any symptoms.
- Parents of in-person students will be encouraged to complete a brief online student health screener each school day. Schools will be checking for completion a minimum of weekly, and parents with difficulty completing the online screener will be provided a paper copy home with students. The online screener will go live on September 7.
Dr. Stone has provided weekly updates throughout the pandemic. Previous messages can be found here.