Junior High Summer School Programs
Registration: Coming Soon for Qualifying 7th-8th Grade Students, by invitation only.
June 5-23 (M-Th) [No school June 19] | Current 7th & 8th Grade | 8:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. | At no cost.
Locations: Apollo Junior High
Qualifying 7th and 8th-grade students will engage in enrichment activities designed around a curriculum that integrates math problem-solving, literacy, and STEM project-based learning. These summer learning opportunities will IGNITE the love of learning through hands-on STEM-based activities while strengthening grade-level essential knowledge and skills in reading and math.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided, as well as transportation from the student’s home campus.
Identified students will receive an email with an invitation letter and registration form from the campus.
Please email your child’s teacher or campus administrator if you have any questions.
Registration: Coming Soon for Qualifying 6th and 7th Grade Students by Invitation Only
June 5-15 (M-Th)| Current 6th and 7th Grades | 8:15-1:00 p.m. | APOLLO JH
AVID Excel Summer Bridge provides rising 7th and 8th grade Excel students a jump start on the school year by allowing intentional time for course introduction and expectations, supply organization, and building relationships with teachers and peers. Excel Summer Bridge students become familiar with their new school, teachers, and receive a preview of their upcoming courses. Time is well spent in hands-on activities and high-engagement instructional strategies emphasizing essential writing, speaking, listening, and reading skills.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided as well as transportation from the student’s home campus.
Identified students will receive an email with an invitation letter and registration form from the campus. Please email your child’s teacher or campus administrator if you have any questions.
Registration: April 3 – May 5. A limited number of spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Full tuition must be paid at the time of registration. Only credit or debit cards will be accepted. No refunds.
Registration Portal: https://schoolpay.com/
- Session 1: May 31-June 28 | Current 8th-11th Grades | $400 | 1.0 credit | ONLINE
- Session 1: May 31-June 28 | Current 7th-11th Grades| $200 | .5 credit | ONLINE
- Session 2: July 10-August 9 | Current 7th-11th Grades | $200 | .5 credit | ONLINE
- Session 1: May 31-June 28 | Current 6th-11th Grades| $200 | .5 credit | ONLINE
- Session 2: July 10-August 9 | Current 6th-11th Grades | $200 | .5 credit | ONLINE
- Session 1: May 31-June 28 | Current 6th-11th Grades | $400 | 1.0 credit | ONLINE
- Session 2: July 10-August 9 | Current 6th-11th Grades | $400 | 1.0 credit | ONLINE
Richardson ISD will provide students with opportunities to explore learning experiences that promote academic growth through asynchronous (self-paced) courses. These courses are designed for students seeking to accelerate their credit requirements for graduation.
Courses will be delivered using Schoology or Google Classroom online platforms allowing lessons to be accessed from home computers.
Acceleration Online Course Policies & Requirements:
- Full tuition will be paid at the time of registration (Only credit OR debit cards will be accepted). NO REFUNDS
Online Course Policies & Requirements
- Current 6th-grade RISD students who are enrolled for the 2022-2023 school year are eligible to register
- Courses WILL COUNT towards high school GPA for students in grades 9-12 during the 2023-2024 school year.
- Daily access to the internet and computers REQUIRED
- Students may ONLY drop the class BEFORE taking the final exam. NO REFUNDS
- Students may only take ONE course per session
April 3rd 12:00 p.m. – May 5th 11:59 p.m.
Registration Portal: https://schoolpay.com/
For help registering through SchoolPay contact email@example.com or call 833-731-2600.
For questions regarding RISD Summer Programming email SummerSchool@risd.org.
June 5-15 (M-TH) | Current 7-8 Grades | 8:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. | By Invitation Only | Apollo JH
The goal of the Superintendent’s Scholar Academy is to provide our current GT-identified 7th and 8th graders with an opportunity for outside of the regular school day collaborative work with other GT students as a direct result of their gifted/talented identification. During SSA, students will access empowering and engaging programs to gain knowledge in personal learning styles, PSAT/NMSQT test prep and increase their awareness of high school and college/career options.