One proposition for $694 million is for capital construction, infrastructure, repairs, safety and security, and equipment. The other proposition is for $56 million for student and staff technology. Some of the projects the proposed Bond 2021 package would fund include:
- Renovate aging campuses
- Repair and maintain schools
- Expand schools experiencing enrollment growth
- Begin the process of moving RISD to the 6-8 grade middle school model
- Provide safety and security enhancements for schools
- Update instructional materials and equipment for students
- Provide new school buses and district maintenance and security vehicles
- Provide updated computer devices for students and staff along with upgrades to the district’s technology infrastructure
Public Forum Information on Bond 2021
Public forums have been scheduled to share information about Bond 2021 with the community:
- April 12th – In person Forum at the RISD Administration Building, Auditorium – 6:00 p.m.
- April 15th – Virtual Forum hosted on Zoom. Click here to view the Public Forum meeting at 6:00 p.m.
- April 20th – In person Forum at the RISD Administration Building, Auditorium – 6:00 p.m.
- April 21st – Virtual Forum hosted on Zoom. Click here to view the Public Forum meeting at 6:00 p.m.