Provides evaluations for students suspected of having dyslexia and appropriate instructional intervention for students who are identified with dyslexia.
RISD Dyslexia Programs provides assessment and intensive small group interventions for students identified with dyslexia by using a multisensory teaching approach that includes phonological awareness, sound-symbol association, syllabication, orthography, morphology, syntax, reading comprehension, and reading fluency. Students receive daily intervention five days a week.
- Dyslexia evaluations for students K-12
- Dyslexia remediation – Pull-out for all elementary campuses and a schedule class for all secondary campuses.
- RISD dyslexia remediation include the following programs:
- Multisensory Teaching Approach (MTA) on all campuses
- Take Flight (currently at some campuses)