- to raise the overall performance of schools,
- to improve the balance among schools,
- to attract neighborhood students from private schools,
- to reduce overcrowding in neighborhood schools, and
- to provide enhanced programs and extended curricula.
The Benefits of Magnet Schools
- Provide for families additional options on-par with charter and private school programs.
- Meet customer expectations thus keeping public schools viable in the expanding marketplace of education.
- Challenge non-magnet, neighborhood schools to promote themselves in a healthy competition.
- Increase fiscal responsibility as districts implement innovative ideas magnets keep limited resources focused on results.
- Provide a political alternative to vouchers thus supporting a robust public education in the USA.
Questions about Magnet School Programs need to be directed to Mike Evans, Executive Director, RHS Area Learning Community or the specific Magnet School Principal
Questions about enrollment and applications need to be directed to Michael Freeman