Richardson ISD welcomes visitors and spectators to district events at junior high and high school stadiums and gymnasiums across the district. Visitors and spectators at any district event are expected to comply with the following RISD event policies. Students and staff members performing or participating in district events are exempt from the clear bag policy.
- Only clear or approved bags may be brought into Richardson ISD junior high and high school gymnasiums, fields and stadiums, per RISD clear bag guidelines.
- Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
- RISD Safety & Security periodically use metal detectors at event entrances to deter attendees from bringing prohibited items into stadiums or gyms. Fans should plan for this possibility by allocating a few extra minutes when attending events.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items will not be permitted to enter venues. Persons who violate these guidelines may be ejected without refund.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into venues.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others.
- Patrons who leave a venue will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto fields or courts.
- Air horns are prohibited at UIL events per state UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not permitted in venues.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
- No bicycles, skateboards, scooters or wheeled shoes permitted in venues.
- RISD student conduct at school and district events is governed by the RISD Student Code of Conduct.