The role of RISD Student Services is to support our administrators and faculty in their work with students, parents, and our community. Click on the department title below to visit the department webpage.
Students Services Departments:
- Crisis Counseling/Assistance
- Individual and Small Group Counseling
- 4-Year Plans (Personal Graduation Plan) and College Applications
- Personal/Social Concerns
- Connections to Basic Needs (food, clothing, etc.)
- Outside Counseling Resources
- Behavior Management
- Homeless and McKinney Vento Drop-in Centers
- Peer Assistance and Leadership (PALS)
- Peace Keepers – Peer Mediation Program
- LIFT – Loving Intervention for Teens referrals
- TOPS – Teens Offering Peer Support (after school group)
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Drug Prevention and Intervention
Student Services Vision Statement
To assist parents and students in connecting with RISD resources while providing each campus with exceptional operational support, allowing administrators and teachers to focus on the product of student achievement and academic excellence.
We realize this vision by:
- Assisting parents* in enrolling students who have special circumstances, which require guardianship or residency affidavits.
- Assisting campus administrators with attendance enforcement.
- Assisting campus administrators with parent / student / teacher conferences.
- Assisting campus administrators with interpreting district policies and state law.
- Assisting campus administrators with investigating and validating the residence of students enrolled in RISD schools.
- Assisting schools in addressing the unique needs of RISD students.