Child Care Assistance

Teacher working with students
If your children attend any of the schools listed below, you may be eligible to receive Child Care Assistance through the Texas Workforce Commission. Your tuition rate would then be $10/week per child or in some cases zero.
  • Aikin
  • Audelia Creek
  • Big Springs
  • Dartmouth
  • Forestridge
  • Lake Highlands
  • Mark Twain
  • Merriman Park
  • MST
  • Northlake
  • Northrich
  • Northwood Hills
  • O. Henry
  • Prestonwood
  • Richardson Heights
  • Richardson Terrace
  • Skyview
  • Stults Road
  • Wallace


  • The parent and child must live in Dallas County.
  • The parent must work or train at least:
    • 25 hours a week for single family household
    • 50 hours a week for two parent household
  • Your child is a U.S. citizen, or legal immigrant, and under the age of 13.
  • Meet the income guidelines listed below.

For more information, contact our Workforce Financial Manager at 469-593-9166.

Minimum Standards:

Parents can review a copy of the minimum standards and the operation’s most recent licensing inspection report.

Licensing Guidelines:

The schools listed above are regulated by the Texas Health and Human Services- Child Care Licensing Division. Parents may contact Child Care Licensing (CCL) at any time by the following methods:
  • (A) Local Child Care Licensing Office: 1-800-582-6036 or 214-583-4253
  • (B) Information can be obtained at the following websites: or
  • (C) Abuse/ Neglect Hotline: 1-800-252-5400 this number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
By law I a required to report any suspected abuse or neglect. If at any time you suspect abuse or neglect you may make a report at this number.