Register your child for Free Pre-K!
Steps for Pre-K Enrollment
- Complete RISD’s online enrollment process
- Then visit or contact your neighborhood elementary campus to schedule an appointment at the RISD Newcomer Center to determine your child’s Pre-K eligibility.
Child must be 3 or 4 on or before September 1, 2022, and meet one of the following criteria:
- Child is an English Learner (EL)
- Family meets free/reduced lunch income eligibility guidelines
- Family meets criteria of “homeless”
- Child is an active duty military dependent
- Child of a member of the armed forces, injured or killed while on active duty
- Child of a person eligible for the STAR of Texas Award
- Child is or has been in Foster Care
What you need for enrollment?
- Original birth certificate or passport, residency card, etc.
- Proof of income (current pay stub, food stamp letter, etc.)
- Proof of residency (current electricity, water or gas bill or current apartment lease with parent’s name)
- Child’s current immunization record
- Guardianship and/or residency affidavit from RISD student services (if applicable)
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Foster care documents (if applicable)
- Star of Texas Award certificate (if applicable)