Procedures for Initiating a Transfer Request for Incoming Students in Grades K-12
You must first complete the enrollment process via PowerSchool.
Transferred students are not eligible for RISD transportation to or from their requested school.
Even though notification of the decision for most transfers is within sixty (60) days, due to space limitations and/or teacher allocations, some requests may not be eligible for consideration until the beginning of the school year. Transfers are not considered after the start of a semester, except in extenuating circumstances as determined by the District.
|Grade Level||Required Semester||Transfer Requests Accepted|
|Elementary||Fall 2023||April 15 - August 12|
|Junior High||Fall 2023||March 1 - August 12|
|High School||Fall 2023||March 1 - August 1|
|All Levels||Spring 2024||October 1 - December 15|
Intradistrict Transfer Request
- An Intradistrict Transfer Request is a request from a family who resides within RISD to attend a school that is not their neighborhood school.
- Click here to submit an Intradistrict Transfer Request.
- Please contact your school for transfer support.
Interdistrict Non-Resident Transfer Requests
- If you are an RISD employee who lives outside of the district, log into your Light account.
- If you do not yet have a Light account, the links are available on the RISD Intranet. Log into your RISD Intranet account. As soon as you have an RISD email account, you have a Light account.
- Or Log into your RISD Intranet account and go to Documents/Calendars/Forms section of the site, navigate to the Forms page and locate the Interdistrict Transfer Application.
- If you are not an RISD employee, but you believe you are eligible for an Interdistrict transfer, please contact your school.