Information about the Enrollment Process
- Verify that your home address falls within the district’s boundaries using the RISD School Locator tool.
- Gather required documents. See the Required Documents section of the Enrollment and Registration page for details.
- Log into PowerSchool (create a PowerSchool account if you don’t already have one) and complete its steps for enrollment.
- If you have questions about creating a PowerSchool account or following the PowerSchool enrollment process, please contact your attendance area school for assistance.
- Enrollment is not complete or finalized until all of the required documents, such as proof of residency, proof of identity, etc. have been submitted and approved by the school.
- As enrollment for the upcoming school year progresses into Spring and Summer, space in different grade levels at different elementary schools can become limited. Parents are encouraged not to delay enrollment, in order to ensure the best opportunity for their child to attend their attendance area school.
- Not all central qualifying programs, such as Pre-K, are available in all schools, and assignments to programs are subject to availability and space.
Parents must create a PowerSchool registration account in order to enroll a child.
- If a parent has an existing PowerSchool account that was created for use at RISD, the same account can be used each year for both new and returning students.
- PowerSchool registration allows parents to save an enrollment form in progress and return to it later, as well as print form history.
- If a family enrolls multiple students, shareable information can be imported between siblings, saving time in completing the enrollment form. At least one student application has to be submitted to take advantage of this
- A “Snapcode” is not required for new students.
- One application per student. Please do not submit multiple applications for the same student at multiple campuses.
- IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT fill out two or more applications at the same time. Doing that will cause issues to the submission. Please complete and submit one application at a time.
- If required documents are not submitted during the online enrollment process, please contact your school to submit pending or additional documents.