Click here to watch the April 22 Superintendent’s Update. Highlights include:
- RISD staff continue to offer Bond 2021 presentations to community groups and answer questions.
- Election Day is May 1, and early voting is ongoing through April 27. Voting information and locations are available here.
- Bond FAQs continue to be updated, and stakeholders are encouraged to become informed by visiting the Bond 2021 Information website.
- On Monday, RISD presented a comprehensive plan to address the pandemic’s impact on students, including learning loss.
- The initial two-year plan would use anticipated federal pandemic relief funds designated to school districts specifically for the purpose of accelerating student learning and re-engaging students in academics and school activities.
- More details of RISD’s Accelerated Learning plan is available here, effective with this year’s summer school offerings and extending for at least the next two school years.
- An RISD Virtual Academy school of choice is being planned for families in grades K-8 (pending state approval action), and the practice of co-teaching in-person and virtual students simultaneously will be discontinued in all schools.
- Congratulations to RISD’s spring sports teams and individuals who have excelled on the mat and the field in addition to the classroom, advancing to playoffs and representing their family, school and community in a first-class manner.
- This is National Volunteer Week. Thank you to the many people, including RISD’s amazing PTA and business partners, who help students and staff. The pandemic has made volunteering look differently this year, but the support for students and teachers continues.