Click here to watch Dr. Stone’s April 8 Superintendent’s Update. Highlights include:
- RISD is in the planning stages for next school year, and gauging family interest in a virtual academy option. Take the survey through April 9.
- The first day of STAAR testing was postponed this week due to technical issues with the state’s testing vendor. Campuses are rescheduling the tests for 4th and 7th grade writing and the English I EOC.
- The district continues to share information related to the Bond 2021 package that will be on the ballot for voters to consider in the May 1 election. In-person and virtual informational meetings for RISD stakeholders will be held starting next week.
- Passage of the bond package would not increase RISD’s tax rate.
- RISD partner Methodist Richardson MC will be providing first dose Pfizer vaccines to RISD employees tomorrow, and second doses to employees who received a first dose at the March 19 Methodist vaccination event.
- Please celebrate and thank our RISD assistant principals and library and information technology educators (LITEs) during this week for their contributions to the success of our students and schools.
- RISD has been named a “Best Community for Music Education” for the 10th consecutive year – congratulations to our music educators and thank you to our community for supporting students and fine arts.