Click to watch Dr. Stone’s June 16 Superintendent’s Update. Highlights include:
- RISD Trustees passed the 2021-22 operating budget, which will include funding to address pandemic impact on students through extra teachers and smaller class sizes over the next two years.
- The budget contains funding to recognize and retain teachers and employees, and the RISD operating tax rate is expected to decrease slightly for 2021-22.
- Christopher Poteet was sworn in to serve on the RISD Board of Trustees to at-large seat 7.
- RISD is applying for ESSER III (federal pandemic recovery) funds and has opened a survey to request stakeholder input about how the funds should be prioritized. RISD parents and stakeholders may take the survey through July 12.
- RISD’s Memorial Park Academy recently celebrated its 1000th graduate. The MPA program allows high school students to stay in school by allowing them to take accelerated high school courses on a non-traditional schedule while providing academic and counseling support. The program began operation in the 2017-18 school year in the Arzell Ball Center.