Click here to watch the May 20 Superintendent’s Update. Highlights include:
- Gov. Abbott’s mask announcement solidifies RISD’s plans for the 2021-22 school year for masks to be optional. Effective June 5, masks will become a choice at all RISD programs, events and activities.
- The district will continue to stay apprised of both state requirements and health authority recommendations for next school year as planning continues.
- The overall goal for the 2021-22 school year is a return to a normal face to face school environment to the safest extent possible.
- The final week of school will include schedule modifications.
- Secondary schools will operate on an exam schedule with early release on May 27 and May 28, and all elementary schools will release at 2 p.m. on the final day of school, Friday, May 28.
- June 5 is the runoff election for RISD At Large Place 7 – all registered voters within RISD boundaries are eligible and encouraged to vote in the race between Chris Poteet and Amanda Clair.
- Class of 2021 graduation ceremonies for all four high schools are scheduled the weekend of May 29 and May 30 in RISD’s stadiums.
- Everyone in the community is encouraged to help wish the RISD Class of 2021 the very best as these students conclude a difficult and challenging senior year. Congratulations to you ALL!