Click here to watch the August 18 superintendent’s update from Dr. Stone. Highlights include:
- The first days of school will be focused on connections, learning and orienting to virtual processes, and ensuring students have everything they need to be successful.
- RISD has never started a school year virtually, and teams of employees have been working throughout the summer to prepare. Patience and understanding among everyone involved will go a long way toward a great first week as everyone becomes familiar with not just returning to school, but doing so virtually.
- District staff are working very hard to prepare schools for face to face instruction on September 8. Following the health and safety protocols in place will be critical to ensure that once in-person learning begins, it can continue safely.
- Dr. Stone will be discussing more about how RISD will approach the return to in-person instruction at the August 24 Board of Trustees meeting.
- Students, teachers, parents and staff – We’ve Got This!
Dr. Stone has provided weekly updates throughout the pandemic. Previous messages can be found here.