Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
A Better Today, A Brighter Tomorrow, Advocating for Change Together
All Aboard the Polar Express
- Boarding Time: 5:00 – 6:30 PM
- Departure Date: December 15, 2022
- Station Location: Richland Elementary
- 5:00 – 5:15 PM Musical Performance
- 5:15 – 6:30 PM Literacy Experiences and Crafts
- RISD Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – Family Engagement
- All students must be accompanied by an adult.
Community input, through the RISD Strategic Plan, helped introduce the Department of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion to help support the success of all students.
RISD is committed to academic excellence. The district embraces a diverse student and staff population by providing a culturally responsive environment that fosters success, safety and respect while preparing students to connect, learn and grow together.
RISD’s diversity is a community strength, and as educators we have an obligation to curate an inclusive academic and social culture rooted in equitable practices and opportunities.
The Department of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion believes in the RISD motto, mission, vision and values and aligns its work to these ideals.